A prestigious golf course is born in the Laurentians.
The farm was later sold to the Ayers family who converted it into a breeding farm for cattle at first and then for minks before they decided to turn it into a private golf course. Already owners of the Lachute Golf Club (located 20 miles south of Carling Lake) since 1925, they hired Stanley Thompson, a Toronto architect, to design a 9-hole course, officially opened in 1945.
The private golf club becomes one of the most beautiful public courses in the Laurentians
In January 1984, the Ayers family sold 7000 acres of real estate to the German businessman Herbert Hillebrand, including the Carling Lake Golf Club. This same year, Mr. Hillebrand signed up the professional golfer Jean Millaire to a 20-year contract, who in turn joined with Louis Michaud and André Gagnier in a partnership to operate it as a public course to this day.